Nakuru County Government Extends Relief to Family Affected by Tragic Fire Incident
Written by Samuel Gatimu
Isaiah Mathenge’s family, left without shelter after a devastating fire on Sunday night, found a ray of hope as Nakuru County Government’s Chief Officer for Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance, Joyce Ncece, delivered much-needed relief items. The Mathenge family, residing in Rurii Sub-location, Kiamaina ward in Bahati Sub-county, lost their home and household items in the fire.
The relief items, including iron sheets, blankets, and mattresses, were provided to the family, offering them a fresh start toward rebuilding their lives. Ncece, representing Governor Susan Kihika, conveyed heartfelt regards to the residents and expressed gratitude for their continuous support to the County leadership.
While acknowledging the swift response of residents in extinguishing the inferno, Ncece stressed the importance of caution when handling electrical gadgets, citing their potential as fire hazards. Hon. Paul Warege Wambui, the Area MCA, expressed gratitude on behalf of the residents, praising the department’s prompt and efficient response in assisting the Mathenge family. He also highlighted ongoing development projects in the County, including drainage works and the Kiamaina Water Project.
Echoing the sentiments of the leaders, Edward Njorai, Rurii Sub-location Assistant Chief, emphasized the need for residents to prioritize safety by ensuring electronic gadgets are turned off after use. The County’s quick and effective response showcased its commitment to providing aid to those in need during challenging times.